- ONTAP 8.3.1 and later
- Advanced Disk Partitioning (ADP) is enabled by default on all FAS/AFF models running ONTAP 8.3.1 or higher.
- However, ONTAP disables the ADP feature when it is not needed. Possible scenarios include:
- Systems using unpartitioned disks for root aggregates.
- Systems using technologies such as Storage Pool, MCC-FC etc.
- On such systems, when the node gets reinitialized during the ONTAP upgrade, ADP is disabled again so that its original system configuration remains the same.