- OnCommand Unified Manager 7.x/9x （ OCUM ）
- OnCommand Unified Manager 9.5 （ UM ）
- Active IQ Unified Manager 9.x （ AIQUM ）
- Unified Manager creates events and if configured sends alerts even though all looks fine on the cluster
- In cluster event logs and the status of the affected object no issue could be found
- Mostly it is about LIFs but other ONTAP alerts are affected too
- Resolving such events would only create new events
- In some cases, events are daily created for no reason and becoming obsolete
- Problem cannot be re-created at will, it occurs randomly and seldom
Certain MetroCluster events in Unified Manager (UM) are not becoming obsolete or are created for no reason and becoming obsolete after the MetroCluster is brought back into a stable configuration. The events include but may not be limited to the following:
- "Node To FC Switch All FC-Initiator Links Down"
- "Node To FC Switch All FC-VI Interconnect Links Down"
- MetroCluster false events "Bridge Unreachable" and "Metrocluster Partners Not Reachable Over Peering Network"
Alert from OnCommand Unified Manager: MetroCluster Automatic Unplanned Switchover Disabled (State: New)
Alert from OnCommand Unified Manager: MetroCluster Automatic Unplanned Switchover Disabled (State: Obsolete)